Can you imagine trying to sell your house if the front of the house and yard just doesn’t look right? Do you think that potential buyers will walk past the mess in the front yard and walk in the house without noticing?
Here are 24 don’ts in the area of curb appeal you will want to skip altogether. Following these suggestions could make the potential buyers feel welcome as they are getting out of their cars.
- Don’t make the entrance to the home confusing.
- Don’t follow quirky trends like adding colored cement to the whole front yard.
- Don’t put plants near the walkways that lead to the front door.
- Don’t plant flowers that only last a season.
- Don’t make your house look different from the rest of the neighborhood.
- Don’t do everything yourself. You have a long list to get the house ready to sell.
- Don’t leave clutter in the yard.
- Don’t put recycle bins and trashcans in front of the house.
- Don’t do the landscaping yourself. Hire a landscape designer.
- Don’t leave the chain link fence in front. Replace it with something more appealing.
- Don’t let solar panels be seen from the front yard or the street.
- Don’t use too many lawn decorations
- Don’t leave dead plants or leaves in the yard.
- Don’t neglect that green lawn look in the summer.
- Don’t leave toys in the yard.
- Don’t let the neighbors’ yards be a turn off. Help with sprucing up their yards.
- Don’t overlook the importance of photos. Make sure the house is presentable.
- Don’t leave stains and mold on the house and driveway. Power wash the house.
- Don’t choose unusual colors for the exterior of your house. Use neutral colors.
- Don’t overspend on outdoor lighting. It won’ bring a return on what you spent.
- Don’t leave pealing paint on the exterior walls.
- Don’t let broken items such as light fixtures or shutters be seen by the buyers.
- Don’t overlook trash and leaves on the sidewalks and driveway.
Contact Kinship Real Estate, your home buying friend when you need to sell fast. We can make a fair cash offer or discuss other options so that you can sell your house as-is to us. We can close in less than 30 days. You don’t have to pay Realtors commissions.
Kinship Real Estate is positioned to help you make the sale of your house potentially seamless. Feel free to contact us. If we can’t help your directly, we may just be able to refer you to resources that can help you.
Check the list below for the various ways to connect with us.
- Call us at 713-826-4632
- Email us at KinshipRealEstate@gmail.com.
- Watch Videos and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKqVu4svaR90-8RXxM8z4hw
- Friend me on Facebook Kareena Heath
- Follow on Twitter https://twitter.com/KareenaHeath
- Follow on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/kareenaheath/
- Follow on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/kareena-heath-824a20114?trk=hp-identity-name